Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Newsmax's Huckabee hit piece

As I've noted elsewhere this morning (here) , I am kind of disappointed in Newsmax.com for publishing a hit piece today about Mike Huckabee. Here's the link. Huckabee's Record: Anything But Conservative.

The reason I categorize it as a "hit piece" is because the article is listed under "Top News" yet it merely recycles a lot of old data/news and it is more or less an op/ed. In sum, it wasn't "news" and it wasn't a "report."

Oh, and it was published on the day before almost all "news" will go silent for the Fourth of July holiday--it's what Conservative news junkies will be reading during this slow news period. I personally don't read Newsmax, but I know it is a favorite site for many in the so-called GOP base.

Regarding the substance of the hit piece, I've posted a little bit in the past about Huckabee's economic record.

1 comment:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

Hey, if people are throwing stones at Huckabee, it means he's gaining traction! People are starting to take notice.

www.ktracy.com